By Bahman Zohuri
This publication presents a realistic examine of contemporary warmth pipe engineering, discussing the way it will be optimized to be used on a much broader scale. An advent to operational and layout rules, this publication bargains a overview of warmth and mass move idea suitable to functionality, top into and exploration of using warmth pipes, really in high-heat flux purposes and in occasions during which there's any mix of non-uniform warmth loading, restricted airflow over the warmth producing parts, and house or weight constraints. Key implementation demanding situations are tackled, together with load-balancing, fabrics features, working temperature levels, thermal resistance, and working orientation.
With its presentation of mathematical versions to calculate warmth move boundaries and temperature gradient of either excessive- and low-temperature warmth pipes, the booklet compares calculated effects with the to be had experimental facts. additionally it is a sequence of laptop courses built by way of the writer to aid provided information, reduction layout, and are expecting performance.
Read Online or Download Heat Pipe Design and Technology: Modern Applications for Practical Thermal Management PDF
Similar thermodynamics books
30 tables and 102 illustrations
The philosophy of the textual content relies at the improvement of an inductive method of the formula and answer of utilized difficulties. Explores the primary that warmth move rests on, yet is going past, thermodynamics. excellent as an advent to engineering warmth move.
Method warmth move principles of Thumb investigates the layout and implementation of commercial warmth exchangers. It presents the heritage had to comprehend and grasp the industrial software program programs utilized by expert engineers for layout and research of warmth exchangers. This booklet makes a speciality of the kinds of warmth exchangers most generally utilized by undefined, particularly shell-and-tube exchangers (including condensers, reboilers and vaporizers), air-cooled warmth exchangers and double-pipe (hairpin) exchangers.
Content material: bankruptcy 1 sickness or Uncertainty? (pages 1–3): bankruptcy 2 Classical Thermodynamics (pages 5–36): bankruptcy three functions of Classical Thermodynamics (pages 37–63): bankruptcy four center principles of Statistical Thermodynamics (pages 65–79): bankruptcy five Statistical Thermodynamics of a procedure of Harmonic Oscillators (pages 81–93): bankruptcy 6 The Boltzmann issue and the Canonical Partition functionality (pages 95–110): bankruptcy 7 The Grand Canonical Ensemble and Grand Partition functionality (pages 111–117): bankruptcy eight Statistical versions of Entropy (pages 119–135): bankruptcy nine Statistical Thermodynamics of the Classical perfect gasoline (pages 137–149): bankruptcy 10 Quantum Gases (pages 151–154): bankruptcy eleven Boson fuel (pages 155–167): bankruptcy 12 Fermion fuel (pages 169–185): bankruptcy thirteen Photon fuel (pages 187–199): bankruptcy 14 Statistical Thermodynamics of Interacting debris (pages 201–211): bankruptcy 15 Thermodynamics clear of Equilibrium (pages 213–223): bankruptcy sixteen The Dynamics of likelihood (pages 225–239): bankruptcy 17 Fluctuation family members (pages 241–253): bankruptcy 18 ultimate feedback (pages 255–259):
- Engineering Calculations in Radiative Heat Transfer
- Advances in Heat Transfer, Volume 46
- Heat transfer enhancement with nanofluids
- Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Packaging: Analog and Power Semiconductor Applications
- Concepts in Thermal Physics (Comprehensive Assessment of Water Management in Agriculture)
- Interactions in Ultracold Gases: From Atoms to Molecules
Extra info for Heat Pipe Design and Technology: Modern Applications for Practical Thermal Management
10) which was allowing the heat pipe to have adequate effective length on condenser side of the pipe to operate at maximum of its capability and provide more accurate control of the vapor temperature . Fig. 3 Description and Technology of Heat Pipes HEAT IN 13 HEAT OUT RESERVOIR VAPOUR GAS Fig. 10 Cold-reservoir variable conductance heat pipe  In the early days of designing the cold-reservoir variable conductance heat pipe (VCHP), there was a problem associated with diffusion of vapor into the reservoir, followed by condensation.
3 Description and Technology of Heat Pipes 11 LHP and CPL are evaporator that is responsible for the generation of capillary forces that drive the working ﬂuid via a porous structure and condenser . Electric blankets are also well known but often provide uneven heating and subject the user to low-level electromagnetic radiation. Nonetheless, whether used for heating or cooling, such suits and blankets generally disadvantageously require external connections and/or require external power sources.
3. 4. A price paid with respect to weight and size of the heat transfer equipment Signiﬁcant heat lost in transfer over considerable distances Electromotive devices, such as liquid pumps, required to move the heat Possible problems presented by operation in zero gravity Nonadherence to the implementation methods presented above could result in the following possible impacts: improper cleaning and processing of the aluminum container could result in contaminants reacting with the ammonia to form NCG, which will interfere with the ﬂow of vapor and reduce the heat transfer effectiveness.
Heat Pipe Design and Technology: Modern Applications for Practical Thermal Management by Bahman Zohuri