By James P. Stannard, Andrew H. Schmidt
A landmark textual content on trauma administration with four DVDs!
Winner of First Prize in Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the 2008 British clinical organization clinical e-book Competition
Winner of organization of yankee Publishers top publication in medical medication, 2007
This landmark multimedia reference offers the most up-tp-date info on surgical remedies of quite a lot of accidents, from advanced pelvic and spinal trauma to periarticular fractures and knee dislocations. for every damage, the authors consultant the reader from the scientific review, throughout the decision-making strategy, and to the surgery. each one bankruptcy offers a radical evaluate of surgical anatomy, streamlined dialogue of the type of the harm, the non-operative remedies to be had, and the indicators for surgical operation. Concise, step by step descriptions of surgical ideas are supplemented through conscientiously edited video clips of surgeries on 4 accompanying DVDs, containing over 18 hours of video footage.
Highlights of the book:
- Tips and tips summarize key issues of every technique for speedy evaluation in guidance for surgical procedure
- Exam Pearls describe accidents, prevalence, symptoms for surgical procedure, and attainable issues and are perfect for board education
- More than 1,400 images, radiographs, and drawings illustrate options
- New strategies sections conceal the most recent thoughts for surgical administration
- A separate desk of contents for the 4 DVDs and shaded textual content containers during the ebook let handy book-to-video reference
Highlights of the DVDs:
- Narrated movies of complete surgeries offer a window into the working rooman helpful source for citizens and common orthopedic surgeons who don't practice trauma systems frequently
- Coverage of cutting-edge concepts akin to locked plating, minimally invasive fracture fixation, complicated intramedullary nailing thoughts, staged reconstruction of periarticular fractures, new concepts for hip hemiarthroplasty, surgical administration of knee dislocation, together with double package deal ACL and PCL knee reconstruction, and using transitority postoperative hinged exterior fixation
- Each DVD has been professionally produced and contours high quality audio, lighting tricks, and a number of digital camera angles for every procedure
Authoritative and accomplished in its scope, this landmark textual content may be a useful asset in libraries of all orthopedic surgeons, citizens, or experts looking a finished and didactic reference.
Read Online or Download Surgical Treatment of Orthopaedic Trauma PDF
Similar orthopedics books
Operative Orthopaedics is a definitive and entire consultant to non-compulsory orthopaedic surgical procedure for trainees getting ready for FRCS and surgeons at MRCS point. With the emphasis on thoughts hired and the reasoning at the back of them, this e-book is either a realistic guide and a revision device. according to the authoritative "Stanmore path" run through the Royal nationwide Orthopaedic medical institution Operative Orthopaedics covers all points of non-compulsory orthopaedic surgical procedure as assessed by way of the FRCS better uniqueness checks.
This instruction manual covers the analysis, etiology, and therapy of stipulations affecting the locomotor method in small animals. The 4th variation provides up to date info on a number of varieties of fractures and strategies of fixation, lameness and joint surgical procedure, and musculoskeletal ailments. different key themes contain: acute and protracted bone infections; transplantation, plating, wiring, and pinning thoughts; bone grafting; reconstructive joint surgical procedure; and osteochondrosis.
Overall joint arthroplasty is a good surgery for end-stage osteoarthritis of significant joints with passable long-term medical end result. a wide and starting to be variety of arthroplasties are played each year around the world and lots of orthopaedic surgeons are working towards arthroplasty surgical procedure as their major surgical task.
This moment variation of the Bone Mechanics guide summarizes the present figuring out of bone mechanics with complete assurance of the histology, body structure, and the cellphone and molecular biology of the bone. it's up to date with the newest advances on mechanical houses of the bone, so much significantly of cancellous bone, and the streaming potentials within the bone, which replicate the belief of the significance of fluid move in bone tissue
- Adams's Outline of Orthopaedics
- Minimally Invasive Maxillofacial Surgery
- Who's Who in Orthopedics
- Periprosthetic Joint Infections: Changing Paradigms
Additional info for Surgical Treatment of Orthopaedic Trauma
There may be three or four segmental arteries coming from the deep muscular septum or the fascia that join the sural artery. These may be ligated and then cut, taking care to preserve the last feeder, which is approximately 4 cm above the malleolus. As the fascial incisions 2 cm lateral and medial to the skin pedicle are raised, the entire pedicle may be raised. A knife is used to circumscribe the skin paddle. A knife may be used down to the deep fascia. There are normally one or two veins that join the sural vein within the skin paddle.
Despite careful attention to tissue handling, problems can and do arise. The next section addresses operative approaches to soft tissue defects. Free Muscle Flaps Free muscle transfers remain the mainstay of treatment for large or distal wounds. They require experience and training in microvascular techniques and thus are beyond the scope of this book. Gastrocnemius Flap (see Video 1–1, Disk 1) Indications The gastrocnemius ﬂap may be used to cover soft tissue defects over the medial, lateral, and anterior borders of the proximal tibia.
They were all selected because of their expertise in the ﬁelds of orthopaedic trauma which they wrote about. In addition, they have an active role in the treatment of a large number of injuries, and we trust readers will beneﬁt from this. We are grateful for their hard work, expertise, and attention to detail. The video portion of this project has been a huge undertaking, and we are very grateful to a number of people who helped turn our vision into a reality. First and foremost, we thank the video authors who contributed cases, as well as untold hours of time editing, providing voice and special effects, and editing again to create the ﬁnal product.
Surgical Treatment of Orthopaedic Trauma by James P. Stannard, Andrew H. Schmidt